February 7, 2023
What Does An Advanced Esthetician Do?
You may have heard the term advanced esthetician before. While they are similar to estheticians, they have extensive training and education beyond the basic esthetician requirements. An advanced esthetician is a skilled skincare professional who has a deep understanding of the skin, its functions, and treatments. They are able to provide a wide range of services to help clients achieve healthy, glowy skin.
If you’re interested in becoming an advanced esthetician, read more to learn about what they do!
Scope Of Training
An advanced esthetician has all the training an esthetician has and more. To become an advanced esthetician, you need to complete the proper amount of training! Our Advanced Practice Esthetics Program is designed for licensed estheticians and is supposed to help you build on your current knowledge of skincare with more clinical techniques. It’s a 500-hour program and can be completed in a little less than four months. In this program, you can expect to learn:
- Carboxy therapy*
- High-frequency technology application
- Medical grade chemical peels with Glytone*
- Advanced extractions
- BB Glow Semi Permanent foundation*
- Plasma Pen*
- LED light therapy
*offered exclusively at MedSpa Institute of America
Becoming an advanced esthetician comes with lots of benefits! Every job comes with perks, and the same is true with advanced esthetics. If you plan on entering this field, you should know some of its perks:
- Flexible scheduling: Having more time for family, friends, and doing things you enjoy outside of work is essential!
- Connect with clients: Advanced estheticians deal with different people everyday. They meet people from all walks of life and many even become friends with their clients!
- Help others feel beautiful in their own skin: There’s no greater feeling than walking away from a day’s work knowing you helped someone feel confident in their skin.
- Continuous growth in a career: The industry is constantly growing and evolving. There are always new tips and tricks to learn.
- Discount on beauty products: This benefit is self explanatory. More change in your pocket for high quality products.
- And much more
Advanced estheticians tend to work with clients who have more severe skin problems and can also be found in a variety of places:
- Physicians office
- Day spa
- Dermatologist office
- Plastic surgeons office
- Fitness center
- Beauty salon
- And more
Advanced Esthetician Skills
Besides all the skincare skills they need to know, an advanced esthetician should have a variety of personal skills as well:
- Customer service: Clients are paying for a service, and in return should receive good customer service. Even with the fussiest of customers, it’s important to accommodate them!
- Communication: When you’re working with someone’s skin, it’s vital to have good communication. The worst problems can be solved with good communication.
- Attention to detail: A client may come in with a skin condition they have no idea about. It’s important to be attentive to a client’s needs so that they can receive the right treatment.
- Patience: It’s easy to hurry through an appointment and skim over the treatments needed. With patience, an advanced esthetician can be thorough in the services they provide.
Why Become An Advanced Esthetician At MedSpa Institute Of America
MedSpa Institute of America is dedicated to educating students to achieve success in their careers. We do this by providing the most up-to-date technologies and treatments in the industry. We are committed to our students and their success and offer them the tools needed to become top in their field.
Who better to learn advanced esthetics from than the team that has the most experience and relationships in the field?
Interested In Becoming An Advanced Esthetician?
Now that you know what an advanced esthetician does, are you ready to become one? Contact us today! We are eager to help you along your journey and want to see you succeed. If you have any questions regarding your education, we are more than happy to help! We can’t wait to hear from you!